Thursday, April 27, 2006

This will not go down as my favorite day ever.

I should be on a plane to Nashville right now. I should be returning my seat back and tray table to their upright positions. Instead, I'm sitting on my couch at home.

Long story short, just after boarding the ferry to Seattle I got a call telling me that the photo shoot I was heading for was cancelled due to a family emergency on the part of the subject. Everything else that could go wrong did, including the news that a crane had wedged itself onto the Agate Pass Bridge, blocking the only route off Bainbridge Island, which is where my car was parked.

Once I finally got to my car, I booked it out of town to get in line and off the island when the bridge was clear. I was a little disappointed to find that the crane had been cleared from the bridge when I got there. I was hoping to at least get a good picture out of the day.

While the day wasn't a disaster of the sort that results in the loss of life and limb, it was exhausting. And now I'm working on making last-minute travel plans to Chicago where we will try again to shoot next month's cover story. Crystal, I wish you still lived in Chicago so that we could meet for dinner.

2 Comments:

At 4/28/06, 8:54 AM, Blogger Jade L Blackwater said...

Wow, what a day! Sorry things didn't work out, and sorrier still that you had to sit in that line-up on the 305 to get off the island... not my favorite highway, and always full of traffic (crane-on-bridge or not)!

I hope Chicago works out Lily!

 
At 4/28/06, 9:29 AM, Blogger Amy N. said...

Thanks JLB. It seems like that line-up gets longer every time I go over there.

My trip to Chicago is pre-paid, so I'm going whether he cancels again or not! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home