Friday, May 05, 2006

Photo Friday

I had planned on posting photos from Chicago but my trip there was cancelled, so...

Amber Fort in Jaipur, India

This is from the road that approaches the Amber Fort. There are often elephants being bathed in the lake.

These arches create a shaded walkway around the perimeter of the walls.

This courtyard is the first point of entry after walking up the switchback path from the road below.

If you prefer, you can pay for an elephant ride to the fort.

The fort was military in nature, but there was no reason it couldn't be beautiful also.

6 Comments:

At 5/5/06, 5:42 PM, Blogger Modigliani said...

W.O.W. ! !

amazing! Just breathtakingly amazing!

Thanks for posting those.

 
At 5/5/06, 6:54 PM, Blogger Amy N. said...

Thanks Mo. It's so hard picking pictures to post because I have so many favorites. I figure at this rate it'll be about five years before I get through them all. :D

 
At 5/11/06, 4:01 PM, Blogger Jade L Blackwater said...

I forgot to mention earlier how much I love these pictures - thank you for sharing them!

 
At 5/12/06, 11:52 AM, Blogger Amy N. said...

Thanks! And you're most welcome.

 
At 5/19/06, 4:04 AM, Blogger Mridula said...

Such lovely pictures. I have been to Amer a few times but then I did not had a digital camera. Makes me want to go again but it would be so hot there now.

 
At 5/24/06, 4:20 PM, Blogger Amy N. said...

From what you were telling us about how hot it gets in the summer, I completely understand why you escape to the mountains as often as possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home