Friday, October 07, 2005

All these years I thought I was an only child and it turns out I have a twin.

I have long, unusually thick hair. Everyone who's ever cut my hair swears I have at least 3-5 times the normal amount. As a result, I shed 3-5 times as much as most people. Can you guess where this is going?

Tom walks in the room with a grin on his face and his hands behind his back. "The good news is that you have a twin," he says. He whips his hand out and shows me a big wad of hair. "The bad news is that the rest of her went down the drain."

5 Comments:

At 10/7/05, 1:27 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Lily where have you been?! ;-) I hope you have fun at your conference in Vegas. I wish my hair was long, and I'm surely gonna post about all my intense bad-hair days sometime soon. I envy people with long wavy flowing hair. Your husband is funny btw!

 
At 10/7/05, 1:29 PM, Blogger Skye said...

I guess I'm in the s l o w lane I just now got it...LOL!

 
At 10/7/05, 2:15 PM, Blogger Amy N. said...

Hi Crystal! I've been so busy working, I can't believe it's been a week since my last post. Sheesh!

I think the conference will be fun, although it falls during a trip we had planned to California, so I'll fly from Seattle to LA, LA to Vegas, back to LA and home the next day, which is an awful lot of flying.

My husband cracks me (and himself) up on a regular basis.

Welcome skyeblue2u, I just reread the post and realized there weren't many clues to what I was talking about. Oh well, I guess I won't be accused of being obvious. :-)

 
At 10/8/05, 11:51 PM, Blogger Amy N. said...

My husband loves my long hair, so he deals with the consequences with a minimum of complaining. A few years ago it was down to my waist and I had it cut to shoulder length to donate to Locks of Love. It's getting close to my waist again.

I would love a sleek bob for awhile, but there is no such thing for me. My husband's most frequent request for change is trying different hair colors and/or highlights, which I don't mind doing.

 
At 4/8/06, 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lily, Locks of Love is a scam! They SELL the hair. Look it up on wikipedia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home