Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Addicted to Dum-Dums

No, not me — our dog Cooper. Along with our Halloween candy this year came an assortment of Dum-Dum suckers. Tom unwrapped a mystery Dum-Dum last night and was highly disappointed to find out that it was butterscotch, a flavor he is not fond of. So what do you do when a food item is not to your satisfaction? You feed it to the dog, naturally.

Cooper didn't have any complaints about the flavor and now, every time we open a sucker, he is in our faces waiting for his share. Tonight I offered him sour apple, which also met with his approval.

The blurriness of these photos is due partially to my failed attempts to control my laughter while shooting and partially to his enthusiasm for the treat.

I particularly like this shot of his incredible see-through tongue.

Next I'm going to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, since he will actually lick it instead of biting right through it, like I do.

12 Comments:

At 11/2/05, 3:04 PM, Blogger christina said...

That's so funny! What a lucky dog. Would he eat the stick too if you let him?

 
At 11/2/05, 4:58 PM, Blogger Amy N. said...

Definitely. He's not exactly a picky eater.

 
At 11/2/05, 5:25 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

I love dogs because they'll eat anything, so I never have to worry about being wasteful! ;-)

 
At 11/2/05, 10:45 PM, Blogger Amy N. said...

And they're really good at cleaning the kitchen floor, too.

 
At 11/2/05, 11:09 PM, Blogger Mridula said...

My husband is fond of dogs and when we were in college I told him once, he has to make up his mind, if he wants to live with me or the dog, he cannot have both! I am that scared of pets!

 
At 11/3/05, 10:34 AM, Blogger Amy N. said...

Well, I'm glad he chose you! You've mentioned before that you're afraid of animals. Any particular reason or is it like my fear of spiders?

 
At 11/3/05, 5:26 PM, Blogger BPDubs said...

My little 14-lb dog is a surprisingly huge pig, always all up in my grill when I'm trying to eat (or even drink; her interest in rum is alarming).

We have so much leftover Halloween candy at work -- mostly Dum-Dums -- we should totally send it your way so we stop gorging on it during staff meetings.

PS-You can link Lepidoptera Lady if you still want! :)

 
At 11/4/05, 11:30 AM, Blogger Amy N. said...

BPW, our dogs have a preference for dark beer. They're usually pretty good about waiting their turn for the leftovers, but this Dum-Dum obsession is very serious. And thank you, anyway, but we have more than enough Dum-Dums already. :)

JB, we are occasionally kind to our dogs (like every night when Cooper sleeps on the bed) but we have our share of dog torture moments, too.

Tom used to have a Bassett Hound who was so crazy for bread that she could levitate herself about four feet in the air to snatch it out of your hand. Amazing!

 
At 11/4/05, 5:09 PM, Blogger Modigliani said...

VERY cute! I got a HUGE kick out of this! :)

 
At 11/5/05, 11:34 AM, Blogger Amy N. said...

Hee. So did I, obviously. :) By the way, good to see you. I checked your site earlier and it said you didn't exist on Blogger; got me a little worried.

 
At 11/5/05, 8:28 PM, Blogger Modigliani said...

What's up with that? I've had that problem, too, where I'll click to get to my own blog, and it says "Unknown" ... huh??? .... I don't know why! ... Then, I hit it again, and there I am. Hopefully, this will stop.

 
At 11/6/05, 2:43 PM, Blogger Amy N. said...

So far I haven't had that problem, but today I've been trying to post another entry and it won't upload my photo. It acts like it has, but there's no script after I click "Done." Damn you Blogger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home