Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I live in a hole.

So, after climbing out of my hole long enough to write the last post and have a snack, I promptly crawled back into it. Except this time the hole was called "Magazine Deadline."

It's 3:00 a.m. and I'm uploading PDF files to our printing company that I've spent the last three hours creating, preflighting and stuffing. Rather than being able to use my handy uploading software that allows me to start sending a batch of files and go to bed, the printer has an online form that I have to fill out, attach ONE FILE AT A TIME to, and send, before starting all over with the next file. They can only accept smallish files this way, so I have to split the magazine into 27 different files to have any chance of getting it to work. I'm at the stage where all I have left to do is babysit the uploads, so I thought it'd be a good time to write a post. I'm multi-tasking.

Except I haven't done anything but work since we got back from India; I've barely even left the house. Speaking of India (did you like that abrupt left turn?) I knew I'd lost weight while we were there because my clothes got looser and looser, to the point where I was hitching my pants halfway to my armpits to keep them on, and I could see the difference in the pictures we took. Also, because our scale said so. Anyway, I was flapping my hands to illustrate some story the other night and my wedding and engagement ring flew off my finger and clear across the room. Sheesh. They also spin and slide around a lot, which is kind of annoying. Maybe I'll get one of those things that you wrap around the band to make it fit. Does anyone know what it's called? And no, I don't mean scotch tape.

As the wee hours of the morning, after working for 20 hours, are not prime creative writing time I'll leave you with this photo of a pink pelican (yes, pelican) from the Mysore Zoo.

3 Comments:

At 2/2/06, 1:01 PM, Blogger Amy N. said...

Losing weight on vacation is like getting a big bonus at work that you weren't expecting. Although you could gain 8 pounds and still be gorgeous. :)

 
At 2/5/06, 5:13 PM, Blogger Emma said...

That was a lovely picture....
Wow, I just wish everytime I took a trip I lost weight too. Never seems to happen though, even though we walk and trek a lot. :)

 
At 2/14/06, 10:07 PM, Blogger Amy N. said...

Emma, I've never lost that much weight on a vacation before. I think there's some magic ingredient in Indian food that makes tiny portions of food filling.

JB, yes, you are and the feeling's mutual. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home